Email Marketing ... Elevated
Is Email Marketing Right as Part of Your Digital Marketing Strategy?
Emailing existing, past, and prospective customers yields big advantages as one of the only marketing media owned by you. Opt-in emailing is an inexpensive way to directly market your company and tell your unique story. Plus, it's easy to set up and track email marketing campaigns, making it a practical marketing choice for small businesses.
- 94% of Internet users use email, while only 61% use social media
- 75% of adult online users say that email marketing is their preferred marketing method
- Email marketing allows targeting by demographics, activity, purchase history, and more
- Email messages have a much wider range of formatting possibilities than social media
- Email offers significant reporting and analytics capabilities, such as open rates, click-through rates, bounce rates, and conversions to sales
Prospective and existing customers see your emails as a trusted touchpoint
Tips for an Optimal Email Marketing Strategy
1. Build your list
Collect emails at every opportunity - customers, visitors, social media followers, inquiries, contest entries, and code them by source.
Know what interests your customers. See what content has a higher click rate and build on that. Notice placement of links, calls to action, and be open to testing.
3. Follow Can Spam
Stay one of the good guys - include your address, remove opt-outs, and respect those on your email list.
4. Test Everything
Compare against your "control" email by testing images, content, subject lines, timing, day of the week, and preview text.
5. Link Email to Ads and Social
Make your newsletter email content consistent with your in-store marketing, social media posts and promotions, and other advertising to create cohesive messaging.
6. Automate Where Possible
Leverage marketing automation to set up emails once for common transaction or triggered behaviors so you do it once and forget it!